Online Education Degrees
Transformative, Christ-Centered Education
Request More Information
Complete this form and we’ll get in touch with information about coursework, admissions, tuition, and more.
Note: All fields required.
Online Education Programs
Exams Not Required
Achieve More in Your Education Career
Gain valuable skills for the classroom and beyond with the online education programs from Greenville University. Choose from multiple online master’s education programs to earn the degree you need for today’s academic environment, whether you are just beginning your teaching career or ready for advancement.
Our programs feature relevant coursework, a flexible format for your schedule, and classes taught by expert faculty. Greenville University is an Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) approved education provider, providing the confidence that you will earn an excellent credential for improving student outcomes and continuing your professional development as a teacher, coach, or administrator.
Greenville University empowers you to make an impact as a responsible citizen with unique gifts and the character to serve your community. We are proud to offer competitive tuition for online programs in high-demand fields, raising the value of your bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Ranked among the 10 best “Online Colleges in Illinois” by Affordable Colleges Online and the Center for Online Education1,2
- Recognized for offering top 15 online M.A. in Education programs in Teaching English as a Second Language and Coaching (Intelligent.com)3,4
- A Military Friendly® School for 2022 to 20235
Online Education and Teaching Degrees
Greenville University offers an array of online bachelor’s and master’s degrees to support your advancement in teaching, special education, coaching, and TESOL.
30 to 33 Credit Hours; 2 Years
Gain advanced talents for your education career by seeking your master’s degree with an ISBE-approved continuing education provider. You can reach your potential in an education specialization through concentrations in Coaching, Curriculum and Instruction, Special Education, and Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL).
33 Credit Hours; 2 Years
GU designed this online program for working educators with busy schedules, providing a flexible coaching education rooted in Christian values. Learn from expert faculty with coaching and athletics experience as you prepare to help student-athletes build their character and leadership abilities.
30 Credit Hours; 2 Years
Gain theoretical knowledge of curricular design and instructional methods in an online M.A. in Education program led by expert faculty. This flexible online program includes courses that last eight and sixteen weeks, and the hands-on capstone project lets you design an improvement initiative in a real-world teaching environment.
30 Credit Hours; 2 Years
Immerse yourself in the latest methods for educating students with varying abilities in this online Master of Arts in Education concentration. Learn from expert faculty who take a faith-based approach to teaching and get the option to seek a Learning Behavior Specialist I endorsement option.
30 Credit Hours; 2 Years
Engage in flexible online courses that prepare you to teach English as a second language in culturally diverse communities. This online program delves into linguistics, educational methods, and evaluation, with the option for students with an Illinois teaching license to complete 100 hours of field experience to meet Illinois State Board of Education requirements for TESL approval/endorsement.
54 Credit Hours; 2 Years
Get ready to teach first through sixth grade in Illinois schools with the Master of Arts in Teaching degree from GU. This online program provides a flexible path for professionals without education backgrounds to teach in elementary classes. You’ll gain hands-on experience during 15 weeks of student teaching, and our 99% edTPA pass rate surpasses the national average.
74 Credit Hours; 3 to 4.5 Years
Develop unique qualifications with GU’s dual licensure MAT in Early Childhood and Elementary Education program. This online program lets you collaborate with expert educators in a flexible online format. We offer assistance finding a placement for completing your fieldwork hours and student teaching requirements, which provide hands-on experience in creating learning activities that meet the development needs of young children.
Academic Excellence, Elevated by Faith
Greenville University was founded in 1892 by the Free Methodist Church to provide distinctive, Christ-centered university education. Today, we continue that mission by empowering students to lead lives of character and service through a transformative education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies.Request Info
Flexible, Supportive Online Degree Programs
With Greenville University’s online programs, you’ll benefit from our academic excellence in a convenient format perfect for busy professionals. You’ll learn from expert faculty with experience teaching online and working in their specialty, so you can access valuable guidance for achieving your goals. Our accredited online programs offer the same quality and rigor found on campus, letting you acquire a degree that positions you for success in work and life.
Prepare to Elevate Student Success
Greenville University’s online graduate programs position you for success in the teaching or education specialty matching your interests. Our online education degrees offer numerous concentrations, enabling you to achieve your goals in TESL, special education, coaching, or curriculum development. We also offer online teaching degrees for acquiring the licensure needed to teach in early childhood or elementary classrooms.
Throughout your online program, you can learn from distinguished faculty who teach courses tailored to support your career goals. With their guidance, you can gain the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary for achieving your goals as an educator after graduation.
Online Education Degrees for Multiple Career Paths
Career opportunities in education are rising, as the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 7% employment increase from 2021 to 2031. Moreover, education and teaching salaries are 25% higher than the median for all occupations.6 With Greenville University’s online education and teaching degrees, you can equip yourself with the qualifications to advance in the growing education field. Select the program that enables you to reach your potential in rewarding careers focusing on empowering students to thrive.
Teaching and Education Career Opportunities
- Adult literacy teacher: $59,720 per year6
- Athletic coach: $43,714 per year7
- Behavioral intervention specialist: $56,799 per year8
- Educational administrator: 111,260 per year9
- Educational consultant: $63,214 per year10
- Elementary school teacher: $61,350 per year6
- ESL teacher: $59,720 per year6
- Instructional coordinator: $63,740 per year11
- Special education teacher: $61,820 per year6
Request More InformationRequest Info
Sources and Disclaimers:
- Affordable Colleges. Online Colleges in Illinois. Retrieved August 2, 2022, from https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/.
- Center for Online Education. Online Colleges in Illinois. Retrieved August 2, 2022, from https://www.onlinecolleges.net/.
- Intelligent.com. Best Online Master’s in English Language Learning Programs of 2022. Retrieved August 4, 2022, from https://www.intelligent.com/.
- Intelligent.com. Best Online Master’s in Coaching Degree Programs of 2022. Retrieved August 4, 2022, from https://www.intelligent.com/.
- Military Friendly. Greenville University. Retrieved August 2, 2022, from https://www.militaryfriendly.com/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Education, Training, and Library Occupations. Retrieved September 13, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- Payscale. Average Athletic Coach Salary. Retrieved August 4, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Salary.com. Behavior Intervention Specialist Salary. Retrieved August 4, 2022, from https://www.salary.com/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2021: 11-9033 Education Administrators, Postsecondary. Retrieved August 4, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- Payscale. Average Education Consultant Salary. Retrieved August 4, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Instructional Coordinators. Retrieved August 4, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
*Programs offering initial teacher certification are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).